“We believe that all people have the freedom of choice, are able to make informed decisions, and can access and take action on their sexual and reproductive rights and needs.”
Share-Net International is the leading knowledge & connections platform on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). Our network of experts and member organisations combine the strengths of key international actors, while harnessing localised knowledge to promote the development of better policies and practises in SRHR, including HIV.
Our mission is to build and strengthen links between evidence-based research, policy, and practise through strategic knowledge sharing, generation, translation, and promotions, further developing better policies and practises in SRHR, including HIV. We believe that all people have the freedom of choice, are able to make informed decisions, and can access and take action on their sexual and reproductive rights and needs.
Our core focus areas are:
- Better information and greater freedom of choice for young people about their sexuality
- Improved access to reproductive health commodities
- Better sexual and reproductive health care during pregnancy and childbirth, including access to safe abortion, particularly during and since Covid-19
- Greater respect for the sexual and reproductive rights of groups who are currently denied these rights, including women, girls, the LGBTQIA+ community, and other marginalised people.
Our digital platform is a centralised space for SRHR materials from across the globe, including country-specific knowledge from our country hubs in Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Ethiopia, Jordan, and the Netherlands. This digital platform is connected to all our country hub websites – check the ‘featured content’ feed on our homepage for the latest from our hubs! We encourage SRHR practitioners, professionals, researchers, and advocates to Join our network to access our members only space, join our matchmaking service, build your personal network and connections, and post or find SRHR assignments. We also list SRHR events, including workshops, conferences, webinars, and training opportunities, and host job vacancy listings for relevant SRHR opportunities.
Our key objectives are sharing knowledge and generating knowledge to address prioritised research gaps, and translating knowledge into appropriate formats which contribute to the development of better policy and practice. To realise this, our core projects are based upon the following projects and principles:
Five year Strategic Plan
This combines our vision, mission, values core strategic and operational objectives, and defines the business model for Share-Net International. Access the 5 Years Strategic Plan here.
Theory of Change (ToC)
Our ToC demonstrates how our SRHR Knowledge Platform achieves impact and outcomes across the four pathways of knowledge management, and the importance of developing the network through Communities of Practise. Access the ToC in [English] [Espanol] [Français] [Arabic]
Communities of Practice (CoPs)
Our CoPs form working groups with thematic SRHR focuses are member-driven, and manage knowledge in a cross-cutting manner that aids member-organisations to advance their own agendas in line with annual work plans.
Share-Net International Rapid Improvement Model (SHIRIM)
The SHIRIM model was established to facilitate and encourage knowledge exchange between Share-Net country hubs, while focusing on translating knowledge into products for use in changing policy and practise.
Knowledge Activation and Knowledge Generation Grants
Share-Net offers annual grants to activate and develop knowledge products for improving policy and practice in SRHR. The grants provide funding for applied research, documentation of practises, and offer the opportunity to enhance the work of SNI members and facilitate the development of knowledge products that can otherwise be difficult to get funded.
The Share-Net International Team
Share-Net international operates through a core team and additional supporting staff, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The core team consists of:
- Dorine Thomissen – Coordinator
- Kimberly Meijers – Country Coodinator & Knowledge Expert
- Maria Codina – Country Coordinator & Knowledge Expert
- Charlotte Van Tuijl – Project Officer
- Wendy Umlauf – Admin Assistant
If you are a member of the Share-Net International Digital Platform, click on their names above to connect with them!
The Share-Net International Board
Share-Net International is governed by a board of international members and Share-Net country Hub representatives. The board members reflect the knowledge platform and are made up of academics, NGOs, the private sector, policy makers, and hosting organisations. This consists of:
- Yvette Fleming – Chair
- Anke vand der Kwaak – Representative KIT
- Theodoor van Boven & Nur Hidayati – Private Sector representatives
- Aida Bilajbegovic – NGO Representative
- Enow Awah – NGO Representative
- Arnob Chakrabarty – Share-Net Bangladesh
- Harouna Ouedraogo – Share-Net Burkina Faso
- Roland Rugero – Share-Net Burundi
- Carolina Borda – Share-Net Colombia
- Abebe Kebede – Share-Net Ethiopia
- Abla Amawi – Share-Net Jordan
- Nienke Westerhof – Share-Net Netherlands
Share-Net Country Hubs
To discover more about our Country Hubs, click on the images below to learn more about our hub's and visit their websites.
The Share-Net International secretariat is located at KIT Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam.
Our visiting address:
1092 AD Amsterdam
P.O. Box 95001
1090 HA Amsterdam