“We believe that all people have the freedom of choice, are able to make informed decisions, and can access and take action on their sexual and reproductive rights and needs.”
Share-Net International is the leading knowledge & connections platform on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). Our network of experts and member organisations combine the strengths of key international actors, while harnessing localised knowledge to promote the development of better policies and practises in SRHR, including HIV.
Our mission is to build and strengthen links between evidence-based research, policy, and practise through strategic knowledge sharing, generation, translation, and promotions, further developing better policies and practises in SRHR, including HIV. We believe that all people have the freedom of choice, are able to make informed decisions, and can access and take action on their sexual and reproductive rights and needs.
Our core focus areas are:
- Better information and greater freedom of choice for young people about their sexuality
- Improved access to reproductive health commodities
- Better sexual and reproductive health care during pregnancy and childbirth, including access to safe abortion, particularly during and since Covid-19
- Greater respect for the sexual and reproductive rights of groups who are currently denied these rights, including women, girls, the LGBTQIA+ community, and other marginalised people.
Our digital platform is a centralised space for SRHR materials from across the globe, including country-specific knowledge from our country hubs in Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Ethiopia, Jordan, and the Netherlands. Join our network today to access our members only area, build your personal network, and post or find SRHR assignments.
Our key objectives are sharing knowledge and generating knowledge to address prioritised research gaps,
and translating knowledge into appropriate formats which contribute to the development of better policy and practice. To realise this, our core projects are based upon the following projects and principles:
Five year Strategic Plan
This combines our vision, mission, values core strategic and operational objectives, and defines the business model for Share-Net International. Access the 5 Years Strategic Plan here.
Theory of Change (ToC)
Our ToC demonstrates how our SRHR Knowledge Platform achieves impact and outcomes across the four pathways of knowledge management, and the importance of developing the network through Communities of Practise. Access the ToC in [English] [Espanol] [Français] [Arabic]
Communities of Practice (CoPs)
Our CoPs form working groups with thematic SRHR focuses are member-driven, and manage knowledge in a cross-cutting manner that aids member-organisations to advance their own agendas in line with annual work plans.
Share-Net International Rapid Improvement Model (SHIRIM)
The SHIRIM model was established to facilitate and encourage knowledge exchange between Share-Net country hubs, while focusing on translating knowledge into products for use in changing policy and practise.
Knowledge Activation and Knowledge Generation Grants
Share-Net offers annual grants to activate and develop knowledge products for improving policy and practice in SRHR. The grants provide funding for applied research, documentation of practises, offer the opportunity to enhance the work of SNI members and facilitate the development of knowledge products that can otherwise be difficult to get funded.
The Share-Net International Team and Board
Share-Net international operates through a core team and additional supporting staff, based in the Netherlands. The core team consists of:
- Dorine Thomissen – Share-Net International Coordinator
- Kimberly Meijers – Share-Net International Country Coodinator & Knowledge Expert
- Maria Codina – Share-Net International Country Coordinator & Knowledge Expert
- Charlotte Van Tuijl – Share-Net International Project Officer
- Wendy Umlauf – Share-Net International Admin Assistant
Share-Net International is governed by a board of international members and Share-Net country Hub representatives. The board members reflect the knowledge platform and are made up of academics, NGOs, the private sector, policy makers, and hosting organisations. This consists of:
- Yvette Fleming – Chair
- Arnob Chakrabarty – Share-Net Bangladesh representative, RedOrange Media & Communications
- Carolina Borda – Share-Net Colombia representative
- Abebe Kebede – Director Share-Net Ethiopia, CORHA
- Dr. Abla Amawi – Share-Net Jordan representative
- Nienke Westerhof – Share-Net Netherlands representative, Aidsfonds
- Theodoor van Boven – Private Sector representative, Condomerie
- Anke van der Kwaak – KIT Royal Tropical Institute representative
- Roland Rugero
- Harouna Ouedraogo
- Enow Awah
- Aida Bilajbegovic – Rutgers
- Nur Hidayati – Results in health
Share-Net Country Hubs
To discover more about our Country Hubs, click on the images below to learn more about our hub's and visit their websites.
Should you have any questions, remarks or if you are in need of more information, don’t hesitate to contact us.
F: +31 205 688 397
E : email@example.com – Dorine Thomissen, Share-Net International Coordinator
E : firstname.lastname@example.org – Kimberley Meijers, Share-Net International Country Coordinator/ Knowledge Management Expert
E : email@example.com – Maria Codina, Share-Net International Country Coordinator/ Knowledge Management Expert