The Eijkman Medal is awarded to honour his work and stimulate research into Global Health. The medal is awarded to researchers who, like Eijkman, carry out innovative and important research in the field of Global Health. Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by colleagues.
- Has made outstanding contributions to research relevant to Global Health. Global Health here encompasses global health issues with a high burden of disease in low- and middle-income countries.
- Has been awarded a PhD and leads an active research group with a fundamental and/or applied research agenda.
- Works at a Dutch university or institution or works closely with researchers at Dutch universities or institutions.
NB: Dutch nationality is not a requirement
- Description of the candidate’s significant contribution to the scientific field (Scientific Narrative, max. 500 words).
- Why this researcher is eligible to be awarded the prize (Recommendation Narrative – max. 500 words).
1st March, 2022.
Submit your nomination:
Nominations for the Eijkman Medal can be submitted here: SUBMIT
Read the full opportunity here: https://www.kit.nl/about-us/the-christiaan-eijkman-medal/
If you have any questions, please email: Mirjam Bakker