About membership at Share-Net International and our network
Share-Net International (SNI) is a unique platform that promotes and facilitates synergies between individuals and organisations working in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). Our members combine knowledge, experience, and commitment, and include NGOs, universities, researchers, activists, practitioners, individual experts, students, and consultancy groups.
We foster a continued dialogue about SRHR between our members, where we analyse and synthesise state-of-the-art knowledge focusing on evidence-informed policies and practices – the core business of the Knowledge Platforms’ knowledge management and matchmaking process. At SNI we address sensitive and neglected topics, our members do not shy away from discussing these in the safe spaces that we offer.
We are organised in seven country hubs, Share-Net Bangladesh, Share-Net Burkina Faso, Share-Net Burundi, Share-Net Colombia, Share-Net Ethiopia, Share-Net Jordan, and the Share-Net Netherlands, which in turn consist of different communities of practice (CoPs). Each country hub is hosted by a local organisation, at SNI we are hosted by KIT Royal Tropical Institute.
You can get involved in the Knowledge Platform on SRHR, Share-Net International, by becoming a member of one of our hubs and thus enjoy specific member benefits. In Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Ethiopia and Jordan this is free of charge. Applicant members organisations of Share-Net Netherlands pay a fee, based on their annual turnover. You can view the Share-Net Netherlands fee structure via this link. When becoming a member of one of our country hubs, you automatically become a member of Share-Net International.
If you are based in a location where we do not have a hub, you can become a member of Share-Net International’s global network free of charge (or for a small yearly membership fee based on annual turnover).
|Table of Contribution|
|Type of membership||Annual turnover (€)||Per member, per year (€) (excl. VAT)|
Our core values include transparency, diversity, collaboration, participation, integrity, safety, and using rights-based approaches.
What are the Benefits of Becoming a Share-Net Member?
Members gain access knowledge platform on SRHR as an individual or organisational member, or a sponsor. When joining Share-Net International, you will not only contribute to our mission and vision, but you will also be able to enjoy specific member benefits:
- Access all the SNI meetings that we organise for free (non-members can also apply to participate but may need to pay a fee)
- Participate in our international Communities of Practice.
- Access the members-only area on this Digital Platform, enabling you to access our global network of SRHR practitioners. Here, you can create a personal profile, connect with other members, submit relevant SRHR resources, events, and job adverts for publication on the platform, apply for our grants, and build your personal SRHR network.
- Participate in our annual Co-Creation Conference which is jointly organised with the country hubs. The last edition in 2022 was held hybridly in Colombia and online. The conference is an innovative, dynamic event organised as a working conference, where participants develop concrete and evidence-informed SRHR knowledge products that will be used for influencing policy and practice at the country level.
- Be elected into our governing body, the Board of Share-Net International
- All members are invited to our annual business meeting held each autumn.
- Be eligible to apply for our annual call for proposals for the Share-Net International Activation Grants facility.
Key Activities of Share-Net International and Hubs
- Organisation of roundtable meetings, thematic meetings, or other knowledge workshops on topics identified by members. Past thematic meetings have focused on key SRHR related topics, with keynote speakers representing The Guttmacher Institute, UNFPA, and the WHO.
- Sharing of successful interventions from our country hubs with other countries.
- Facilitation of Communities of Practice where SRHR topics are discussed in-depth, emerging topics are identified and continuous dialogues are fostered.
- Sharing of information via newsletters and mailings, as well as social media.
- Managing the small grants facility for research, documentation, and translation of knowledge.
- Tailor-made services on demand for our members, such as organising report launches, developing research and knowledge products, conducting literature reviews, or organising preparatory meetings for international events.
- Organising a bi-yearly co-creation conference in which participants develop evidence-informed knowledge products for influencing policy and practice.
Members of Share-Net International are expected to adhere to the core values of Share-Net International as outlined in our Official Membership Charter. The signed member/member organisation agrees to adhere to Share-Net International’s approaches of working together and the codes of conduct as stipulated in the above membership charter. Share-Net International reserves the right to cancel membership should the above commitments be violated.
How Can I become of member of Share-Net International?
Please complete our online registration form to apply for Share-Net International membership and access to our members only area on this website. We regularly review membership requests, and aim to review applications within 2-3 weeks. Please note, during exceptionally busy periods, it can sometimes take a little longer to review your application.
If you have any further questions that this page cannot answer, please reach out to the Share-Net International Coordinator, Dorine Thomissen at email@example.com and CC in our general enquiries email too firstname.lastname@example.org.