The International Communications Officer supports the International Communications Manager with the development, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of projects within DSW, with particular emphasis and focus on the “State of African Women” (SoAWC) Project. She/he will help coordinate and develop brand awareness, with reference to online presence. The International Communications Officer must have a creative but also strategic mindset, and apply specialised communications knowledge to the creation of products that expand reach and influence among key audiences. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to initiate and create a real difference within this important area.
Areas of responsibility for the position include
- Creation of project communication products and materials that increase audience/donor engagement. Continuously seek new and inventive ways towards achieving maximum awareness among target audiences for SoAWC.
- Responsible for expanding media influence through the development of press releases, newsletters, op-eds, blogs, and building dialogues with journalists, bloggers, and influencers.
- Expansion of online and social media presence. Responsible for identifying trends, measuring impact, and reporting progress (collating analytics and metrics).
- Proofreading and editing print publications and online material.
- Provide strategic communications support to the International Communications Manager
- Must be media savvy with proven experience in creating a wide range of impactful media products, e.g. op-eds, press releases, blog posts, etc.
- Experience in content marketing, social media, and the publication process (digital/print).
- Demonstrated strategic experience, especially towards implementing communications activities, project management, and engagement with a variety of stakeholders/consortia.
- Able to create engaging copy, content, and visual material (e.g. videos).
- University degree or professional qualification in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, or in another relevant field.
- Must be a native-level English speaker. Proficiency in German is required.
- At least three years’ experience working in communications
- Exceptionally strong writing and copy editing skills in English (native level).
- Willingness to travel to within the EU and Africa.
- Supportive of DSW’s mission, vision, and core values.
- A pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic department
- An interesting thematic area and international working environment
- A competitive salary
If you are interested, please send your application in English and include: a CV, cover letter, and at least three examples of previous work you that you are proud of (links or attachments). Please reference the email “Communications Officer Application” and send directly to: email@example.com. Deadline for application: January 25, 2019
- Contract duration: One Year
- Ideal start date: March 1, 2019
Please note: Non-EU applicants must be in possession of a full valid work permit for Germany.