Share-Net Agenda Setting Report Jordan
Posted by Maria Codina on September 14, 2015 at 10:40 am
This report has been prepared for Share-Net International, the Knowledge Platform on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), for Jordan. The Platform and its Secretariat are based in the Netherlands. The Platform’s focus is on strengthening the role knowledge can play in developing evidence-based policies and practices and ensuring that resources are used strategically and to maximum effect, in relation to the four core areas of Dutch policy on SRHR, namely:
- Better information and greater freedom of choice for young people about their sexuality
- Improved access to reproductive health commodities
- Better sexual and reproductive health care (during pregnancy and childbirth, including safe abortion)
- Greater respect for the sexual and reproductive rights of groups who are currently denied these rights.
The main objective of this assignment is to identify strong partners and assess a SRHR agenda for the SRHR knowledge node in Jordan. The document is a result of a collaboration between King Hussein Foundation (KHF) and the Higher Population Council (HPC). The aims of the agenda setting exercise include:
- To identify thematic areas and knowledge gaps that need to be strengthened in the coming years in order to optimize the SRHR interventions, especially in the field of the 4 Dutch priority areas.
- To get an oversight of the organizations, networks and the policy context in the field of SRHR in Jordan.
- To describe the policy context of SRHR and the degree of interest of the government (different sectors) in pursuing an SRHR agenda.
- To identify potential organizations, networks or combination of organizations that could serve as a focal point for SRHR in the country.
- To positively represent Share-Net International to all stakeholders and encourage their engagement with the ongoing program.
Jordan agenda setting and mapping