Stipends for Dutch based delegates to visit EECAAC 2018
Posted by Kimberley Meijers on December 18, 2017 at 1:41 pm
The organizers of the VI International Eastern Europe and Central Asia AIDS Conference (EECAAC 2018) provide 10 stipends for Netherlands-based organizations to participate in the Conference. The forum will be held three months before the XXII International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2018), which will be hosted by Amsterdam on 23-27 July 2018.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs acts as the observer in the EECAAC 2018 Organising Committee to enable clear links and continuity of discussions at both conferences. Why is it important? One of the five objectives of AIDS 2018 is to spotlight the state of the epidemic and the HIV response in Eastern Europe and Central Asia with a focus on investments, structural determinants and services. EECAAC 2018 is a platform for scientific exchange in the EECA region and will open the dialogue on partnerships and joint effort coordination in HIV response which will be continued at AIDS 2018.
The main goal of EECAAC 2018 is to focus on measures for eliminating the HIV epidemic and other public health concerns in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, present high-performance programs and provide experience exchange opportunities for scientists, experts, policy makers, healthcare professionals, activists and public figures in relation to the best HIV response strategies.
VI International Eastern Europe and Central Asia AIDS Conference is expected to convene up to 3000 participants and will feature:
- Presentation of innovative approaches to the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS, opportunistic and concomitant infections.
- Strengthening the link between science and practice.
- Development of regional healthcare systems.
- Exploring ideas around the new “AIDS/HIV-free generation”.
- Expanding the role of sport in HIV response.
- Discussing HIV and migration.
- Expanding the role of partnerships and joint effort coordination in HIV response.
- Examining economic aspects of HIV response.
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor)
WHY STIPENDS FOR DUTCH ORGANIZATIONS?
The stipends will be provided to 10 representatives of Netherlands-based organizations in order to stimulate greater presence of these organizations at EECAAC 2018 as well as facilitate cooperation between the Netherlands and the EECA countries in HIV/AIDS response and related areas. The XXII International AIDS Conference will be specifically featured at EECAAC 2018.
Representatives of the Dutch NGOs and scientific institutes, activists working in the field of HIV/AIDS, SRHR, HIV and co-infections are invited to apply for a stipend to visit EECAAC 2018 and support the Dutch delegation at the Conference. Representatives will also be encouraged to occasionally represent the Netherlands at the Dutch Booth and/or to promote their NGO at the Community Village.
WHAT DO THE STIPENDS COVER?
- Return economy class flight.
- Airport – hotel – airport transfer.
- Hotel – Conference – hotel transfers.
- Accommodation in the hotel (3-4 stars).
- Meals (breakfasts, lunches or dinners) for all days of the Conference.
- Per diems will not be provided.
- Support in obtaining visa if required.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Individuals complying with all of the following criteria may apply:
- The applicant is 18 years of age by the time of the Conference and a staff member of an NGO, community-based organisation, scientific institution, network, association, or non-registered entity, located in the Netherlands
- An organisation, represented by the applicant, works in one of the following areas:
- HIV/AIDS prevention or service provision.
- HIV/AIDS and co-infection with TB and/or viral Hepatitis prevention or service provision.
- HIV/AIDS related non-medical research.
- HIV/AIDS and co-infection with TB and/or viral Hepatitis research.
- Support and service provision to the most vulnerable population including people using drugs, sex workers, LGBTQ, MSM.
- HIV/AIDS prevention and/or sexual health education for young people.
- An organisation, represented by the applicant is non-profit.
- An organisation, represented by the applicant, is working in the EECA region or has a demonstrable interest in this region.
- The applicant commits to actively participate in the whole duration of the Conference.
- The applicant is eager to contribute to the preparation for AIDS 2018 after the return from EECAAC by sharing knowledge and experiences at the events, which will be eventually organised in the run of the AIDS 2018 in the Netherlands.
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to apply, please follow these simple steps:
- Follow this link in order to register for the Conference.
- Fill in the required fields at STEP 4 of the registration process.
- Wait for the decision of the Selection Commission regarding your application.
Applications submission closes at 15 January 2018.
Stipend awardees announcement: 31 January 2018.
THE SELECTION COMMISSION
The Selection Commission will consist of representatives of the AFEW International, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, GNP+, and independent consultants. The selection of the candidates will be based on criteria listed above and the following considerations:
- Even representation of the different areas and target groups.
- Strong commitment for active participation in EECAAC 2018.
- Strong commitment to share knowledge and experiences after returning to the Netherlands.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who otherwise wouldn’t be able to visit EECAAC 2018.
- A maximum of one representative per organization.