Dance4Life is looking for a proactive, strategic and open minded Youth Rights and Engagement Coordinator, who has strong organisational sensitivity and believes in the power of co-creation. In this role, you are responsible for 1) together with young people bridging the gap between the realities of youth on the ground and high level policy dialogues on youth; 2) the development and implementation of tools, training and support in the field of youth-led advocacy, storytelling and campaigning and You work within the Right Here Right Now! partnership that is aimed at advocating for progressive sexual and reproductive health and rights of young people. The Right Here Right Now partnership runs until the end of 2020.
Would you like to use your passion for youth empowerment, your innovation and communication skills and your knowledge of policy influencing processes to bring out the realities of young people and ensure these are taken into account by policy- and decision-makers at local, national and international level? Then you are our ideal candidate!
- Partnerships and programme coordination for young people’s SRHR
- Translate Dance4Life’s youth empowerment model and creative communications and campaigning for advocacy approach within the Right Here Right Now! partnership.
- Take active part in the international advocacy working group of Right Here Right Now! and advocate together with youth for better policies for young people’s sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
- Participate in platform programme team meetings for Uganda, Nepal and Bangladesh representing the international advocacy working group.
- Promote an inclusive and bottom-up approach in relevant advocacy networks and programs, especially within the Right Here Right Now! partnership, as well as maintain strong relationships with other youth SRHR networks.
- Support youth advocates to engage the public and conduct high-level advocacy
- Train, mentor, and support young people to take on a meaningful role in policy dialogues, with a special focus on running youth consultations and storytelling.
- In co-creation with young people, develop tools, manuals and training on youth-led consultations, communications, storytelling and campaigning linked to UN sustainable development and human rights advocacy processes and awareness raising. Implementation of these training sessions.
- Organize events for creative youth storytelling in policy dialogues and showcase how youth empowerment, youth consultations and storytelling can bridge the gap between realities of young people and policy dialogues.
- You have a relevant academic degree.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth empowerment, campaigning and/or advocacy.
- You believe in the power of young people as changemakers.
- You have knowledge of the international and UN advocacy processes relevant for furthering young people’s SRHR.
- You are a critical and analytical thinker.
- You enjoy establishing and maintaining relationships.
- You have experience with co-creation and training facilitation.
- Pro-active, independent and strong personal leadership skills.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Able to travel frequently and to deal with international communication and collaboration.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
What we offer?
- The position is for a 40 hour work week
- The gross monthly salary will be between € 3.000 – 3.600 for a 40 hour work week
- An informal working space in the heart of Amsterdam
- A valid working permit and/or European passport is required in order to be considered for the position
Dance4Life is an international organisation based in Amsterdam. Dance4Life empowers young people to develop the personal leadership skills they need for healthy sexual choices and relationships, through an international network of partners who have adopted the Dance4Life model.
More information: www.dance4life.com
Please submit your resume with a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 8. Job interviews will be held on July 12.