Closing Date: 1st July, 2017
KIT aims to improve health and ensure equitable social-economic development as much as promote intercultural cooperation with our partners worldwide. As we focus on results and empowering people our research, advice, training and education are creative, context specific and evidence-based. We are an innovative organisation with more than 100 years of experience all over the world. A global host in our very own international knowledge hub in Amsterdam.
The aim of KIT Health is to improve access to healthcare systems in developing countries. KIT Health provides consultancy services to governments in many countries all over the world. This unit also runs a number of educational programmes in Amsterdam (e.g. Master of International Health) and courses in the area of international healthcare.
KIT is hosting the Secretariat for the Knowledge Platform on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and HIV called Share-Net International and its Knowledge Node in the Netherlands called ‘Share-Net’. This network is responsible for knowledge generation, sharing, dissemination, translation and use in policy and practice . We work in four countries being The Netherlands, Bangladesh, Burundi and Jordan.
KIT is inviting applicants to apply for the position of
Share-Net Intern / Work experience placement
For 32 hours/week (0.8 fte)
- Give administrative support to the secretariat of Share-Net International in (amongst others) organising thematic and ad hoc meetings on relevant key topics
- Keep the Share-Net websites up to date
- Prepare bi-weekly newsletters
- Manage the Share-Net event calendar including the internal agenda of the secretariat
- Organise the development of promotional materials such as leaflets etc
- Support the Coordinators on specific activities
- Maintain social media communications
We ask for
- A recently graduated young professional in a relevant Health, SRHR or Communications – related subject
- Affinity and interest in Health / SRHR in developing countries
- Excellent networking, communication, writing and documentation skills
- Strong team player
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Proven skills of using a variety of communication tools (presentations, newsletters, papers, website and social media)
- Experience of managing websites would be an advantage.
- Preferably living in or close by Amsterdam
A temporary position of 6 months. Especially suitable to gain work experience. Remuneration in accordance with KIT internship policy.
Starting date as soon as possible.
For further information about this position, please contact Francoise Jenniskens, Share-Net International Interim Coordinator: F.Jenniskens@kit.nl or Meike Stieglis, Share-Net Netherlands Coordinator: M.Stieglis@kit.nl or by telephone 020-568 8515. General information about KIT and its departments can be found at www.kit.nl. More information about Share-Net can be found at www.share-netinternational.org or www.share-net.nl
Applications specifying abilities and interest for this position including a curriculum vitae should be sent- before July 1st 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org