The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) is a non-profit scientific organization whose mission is to develop vaccines and other biomedical innovations to prevent HIV infection. Since its founding in 1996, IAVI has provided scientific, research and development, and advocacy leadership to address the needs of communities at risk of HIV infection. IAVI works with more than 100 academic, industry, government, civil society, clinical and community partners in more than 25 countries. The organization is supported by governments, private foundations, philanthropists and generous individuals around the world. For more information, visit www.iavi.org
In this dynamic organization, the work environment is fast-paced and intellectually stimulating, relying on a high level of cooperation of its committed members across Africa, Europe, India and the US. From our European Office in Amsterdam, a team of 8 staff manage Resource Mobilization, Advocacy and Communications activities across 10 countries and key EU Institutions. The programme is supported by civil society organizations and consultants, and engages a broad spectrum of IAVI’s stakeholders including donors, political and scientific community, civil society, and the press.
The Senior Office Coordinator will provide support for the Amsterdam office operations and work of the IAVI Europe team. S/he will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient running of general office operations including premises and equipment management/ maintenance, managing office supplies and supply contracts, establishing and managing filing systems/databases for office administration, supporting with the monitoring of facilities and office budgets. S/he will also provide logistical support as required for the European team, including supporting projects and organising events and travel for staff, and visitors/consultants as required. The post is part-time (24-32 hours per week) and based at IAVI’s premises in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
1.1 General Administration Support
- Support Finance, HR and IT related administration, such as developing and monitoring external contracts, ensuring up to date records; liaise with Finance Specialist, IT consultant and relevant staff in IAVI headquarters in New York.
- Handle travel and logistics for IAVI staff in Amsterdam, and as required other IAVI staff and visitors.
- Provide support to project managers on event organisation – including obtaining quotations and making arrangements for venues, arranging logistics for participants (visas/invitation letters, lodging, transport/shuttle services) and preparing meeting materials and documents.
- Support team in preparing letters, reports and presentations including editing and formatting layout.
- Provide support to the Finance Specialist with monitoring budgets and grants managed by the Europe office.
1.2 Facilities Management
- Manage office and operations related tasks such as office supplies and stationary, liaising with vendors from cleaning to maintenance services
- Develop and maintain office inventory (office supplies, kitchen, printing, office keys, copying materials)
- Oversee and negotiate the procurement of contracts for office services, including suppliers of office equipment and maintenance services – including managing and negotiating with suppliers to ensure value and efficiency.
- Oversee appearance, cleanliness of the office and working order of office equipment including through monitoring work of cleaners and liaising with maintenance / repair / insurance services
- Liaise with office landlord on issues relating to the maintenance and upkeep of the office and, in conjunction with Finance Specialist, ensure timely payment of utility bills and other office-related bills.
1.3 Information & Relationship Management
- Serve as key contact for relevant intranet (SharePoint) and Contacts (CRM) databases, ensuring up to date information and registration of new records.
- Organize communications to external stakeholders through postal and email correspondence.
- Support IAVI staff with preparing for events and business trips, including relevant logistical information and collating information / outreach materials
Experience and Skills
- A bachelor degree in business administration or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in challenging administrative roles, ideally in an international organisation
- Meticulous organisational skills, ability to prioritise projects, follow through on detail with high level accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, be flexible and able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; tact, patience, diplomacy, appropriate assertiveness.
- Proactive and high level of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and preferably with some experience in database management (Sharepoint, CRM)
- Cultural sensitivity and respect for diverse colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills. Proven proficiency in written and verbal Dutch language.
The post will be based in our Amsterdam office. The incumbent will need to possess the necessary permits for working in the Netherlands / the European Union. IAVI offers a competitive salary package; final salary will depend on experience and match to the job profile.
To submit your application of interest, please apply online at www.iavi.org no later than Friday 7 September. For clarifying questions you can contact the IAVI Amsterdam office at +31205210030.