A healthy life. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty. That is why Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. We work to ensure that disadvantaged people, especially women and girls, in low- and middle-income countries practice healthy behaviours based on their own free and informed decisions.
We believe there are two crucial factors that determine good health and well-being: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Our integrated approach of these two expertise areas is reflected in our programmes to achieve the greatest impact possible for the most disadvantaged groups in Africa and Asia. Our communications, lobby and advocacy efforts aim to engage the general public and involve them in what we do.
Since 1925, we have been working with local partners, the private sector, knowledge institutes, donors, alliance partners and governments to realise our highest ambition. We are amongst others the lead NGO in the WASH SDG Consortium and the Golden Line programme. And we are member of the Get Up Speak Out Alliance and the More than Brides Alliance.
In 2017, we have restructured our organisation. We introduced an agile style of working. Moving away from a hierarchical organisation into a ‘flat’ circles based organisation instead of departments. Each employee has one or more roles, which may vary in time. The roles are grouped into eight functional circles, each with a specific purpose and its responsibilities.
The Senior Content Creator is responsible for building a strong profile of the work and impact of Simavi by creating, telling and sharing stories which connect. You gather and create valuable content that meets the needs of the target group for communication and fundraising purposes.
The Content Creator is coached by the Director Fundraising and Communication. And holds a key position in the editorial team.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Creating valuable content for Simavi about her activities for communication and fundraising purposes
- Co-develops and executes the content strategy and –calendar and manages the allocated budget
- Signals and translates external trends into Simavi’s content strategy and –plans
- Producer of (marketing) content to help build the brand and reach (new) target audiences
- Increase awareness, engagement and conversion based on target group research, customer journey and smart deployment of marketing resource mix. Closely working together with Online Marketer.
- Coordinates the development of the annual report and produces appealing content for specific stakeholders and for the general audience.
- Advises (solicited and unsolicited) the management, colleagues and other collaborating partners on communication issues.
- Responsible for the community management of the social channels. Paid, owned and earned.
- Monitoring all online communications about the brand Simavi and about the core topics of Simavi.
- Respond to messages and answer questions on social media.
- Proactively share information and knowledge to improve services.
- Improve the engagement, deepening the relationship with the community.
- Jointly responsible for maintaining and improving online reputation.
- Managing accounts and relations
- Maintains and expands own internal and external network of stakeholders, suppliers and relations.
- Evaluates cooperation with partners and signals opportunities to improve and/or expand the cooperation and realises this.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile?
- Bachelor level of education;
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as content manager, copywriter, (video)producer or in the area of digital, social media and corporate communication;
- Experienced in developing and writing complex content; to produce or to make it simple, preferably in the development sector;
- Experience with behavioural change communication (e.g. awareness raising, advocacy messages);
- Experienced in social activations in f.e. facebook business;
- Experienced in working in WordPress;
- Excellent writing and (video) editorial skills in English and Dutch;
- Extended knowledge of media productions – emails, gifjes, video, snap stories, insta stories;
- Experience in leading media productions and media campaigns;
- You have a genuine interest in SRHR and WASH subjects.
- You have a creative mindset;
- You are result-driven and entrepreneurial;
- You stand your ground and know how to provide feedback in a positive way;
- You are a team player and are open to others opinions and ideas;
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly bootcamp sessions, agile way of working and healthy lunches), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 2.755.- and € 3.887.- gross per month for 36 hours per week (i.e. a fulltime basis contract).
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 28 November 2018 via this application link: http://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/113964
Do you have questions about this position? Please send your question to email@example.com with Sr. Content Creator in the subject line.