At RNW Media, we support young people who want to speak freely and make their own informed choices about their futures. We work with them to develop online platforms that provide young people with information in areas where this information is often restricted or taboo. These platforms are safe places where they can engage with each other and have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically. Your job will be to support them as they find their voices, build communities and drive social change.
We use a positive, aspirational approach and are working in three regions on two themes. The first theme focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and gender rights (SRHGR) through Love Matters. Here we’ll focus on unmet needs relating to reproductive health and access to safe abortion, intimate partner violence, gender based violence and LGBT rights. The second theme is called Citizen’s Voice and will surface hopes and dreams as well as barriers to participation such as discrimination, polarization, corruption, violence and lack of accountability. We’re facilitating and supporting youth in becoming the citizen they want to be in the society they want to be in. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are Burundian bloggers collective Yaga, the Yemen Youth Panel and This is Africa.
Purpose of the position;
Analyses online data to evaluate and optimize performance. Is able to set and measure indicators for behaviour change via digital platforms. Documents evidence of social change and best practices. Thinks analytically and can translate technical language into easily understandable insights.
Positioning in the organization;
Reports to the Data Strategist. Is member of the Strategy Team.
What do you have to do?
- Providing the organization with reliable data and capabilities used for improving user experience and achieving Social Change;
- Maintaining and extending the current website tagging and tracking framework and integrating our current data platforms with other (data) sources;
- Advising on data privacy and thinking about the right procedures regarding data, from a technical perspective;
- Being the main contact between IT and Analytics and maintaining a strong relationship;
- Supporting the data team with setting up the right technical infrastructure to run great AB tests;
- Being pro-active and providing suggestions for innovation related to data collection, analysis and use;
- Creating periodical and ad-hoc reports, visualizing and presenting data insights and conclusions in a structured way to internal clients.
What do you need to have?
- Master in Marketing, Psychology, Social Sciences or equivalent with strong focus on quantitative methodology
- Min. 2 years of related work experience;
- Experience with web analytics and social media analytics tools, preferably Google Analytics;
- Experience with tag management tools and tag implementation, preferably Google Tag Manager
- Some experience with CRO tools such as Google Optimize;
- Have worked in a similar role before;
- Hands-on mentality and quite a perfectionist with attention for detail;
- Excellent communication skills (data storytelling).
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing numerous countries, working both in Hilversum and in the regions. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest.
The Hilversum Mediapark train station is only a 10 minute walk. We offer a one-year contract, with potential for renewal.
How to apply?
Please upload your motivation and CV below before the 15th of October 2017 here.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
|Job Category||Data Analyst|