- Implement data analyses using Stata, SPSS or another statistical analysis package.
- Participate in the drafting and/or review of project reports or articles.
- Schedule, monitor, manage and coordinate a variety of tasks necessary for the fielding of surveys, including collaboration with fieldwork partners on study design, including sample selection and study instrument development.
- Design, format and proofread questionnaires, with direction from senior staff on content; implement or supervise research assistants on formatting, proofreading and translation of these documents.
- Assist with IRB-related preparation as needed.
- Moderate focus groups or conduct personal interviews.
- Assist with interviewing, recruitment, training and mentoring of research assistants and senior research assistants.
- Serve as project manager and work closely with project principals to oversee budget and staffing needs, while monitoring project schedules and work plan.
- Coordinate projects that involve Guttmacher’s partnering with external collaborating agencies in the U.S. or in other countries; includes coordinating and making logistical and substantive preparations for field visits with both Guttmacher staff and staff of the partner organization, assisting with development of partner contracts, as well as helping coordinate with external communications partners for dissemination activities and launch events.
- Assist in various aspects of proposal development, for example by developing budget estimates (staffing and direct costs) for fieldwork activities.
- Responsible for appropriate (confidential if required) storage, archiving or disposal of survey questionnaires and related project material.
- Serve as the Research Division’s point person to review and fact check materials as requested by other divisions (such as news releases and social media outputs).
- Present findings and represent Guttmacher at meetings and conferences.
- Perform other reasonably related job duties as assigned by supervisor or division management.
- Master’s degree in a relevant social science, health or demographic field.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience (for new employees); minimum of two years of employment as a senior research assistant at Guttmacher (for current employees).
- Demonstrated experience in performing and understanding complex data analysis procedures using statistical packages such as Stata or SPSS.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate work of a team.
- Ability to train and supervise research assistants in implementing project work.
- Ability to liaise with, and to professionally manage communication with, consultants, collaborators, and/or organizations.
- Ability to travel and represent Guttmacher at external meetings and conferences.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan ahead and foresee needs and problems.
- Effective communication, organizational and management skills.
- Efficiency, accuracy, high productivity and professionalism.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, commuting subsidy, and generous time off.