Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. Good health is the basis of everything. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty.
Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organisation. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with local representatives in most of the countries where we work. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) as well as the basic need for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). We believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are the lead organisation for the WASH SDG Programme on behalf of the WASH Alliance international (WAI), SNV and Plan Netherlands, we are a core member of the Watershed Alliance, a member of the Get Up Speak Out (GUSO) Alliance and take part in many more initiatives and alliances.
In 2017, we have restructured our organisation. We introduced an agile style of working. Moving away from a hierarchical organisation into a ‘flat’ circles based organisation. Each employee has one or more roles, which may vary in time. The roles are grouped into seven functional circles, each with a specific purpose.
Simavi is looking for a qualified and ambitious Programme Officer to join our Programme Implementation Circle to manage programmes, projects and relations with partners based on Simavi’s Theory of Change, which incorporates both WASH and SRHR.
Within this team it will be your role to support our partner organisations mainly in Bangladesh and WASH programmes and ensure that the project results are achieved in respect to its targets and contribute to the overall programme results. It will be your responsibility to manage the contracts with these local partners and to perform the related project administration. At the same time you will support our local partners and alliances in their organisational and thematic capacity strengthening trajectories.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
1. Project management:
* Manage contracts and budgets with local partners for their projects under larger programmes such as the WASH SDG and Watershed programmes, in collaboration with the Programme lead and other Simavi staff as well as in-country coordinators, and programme staff from other alliance members.
* Monitor project progress and evaluate towards contractual agreement.
* Ensure quality reporting received from partners and provide project information for Simavi communication and donor reporting.
* Perform project administration of partner projects.
2. Provide support to Simavi’s partner organisations:
* Coach and support partners in implementation of their project plans within larger programmes and alliance building.
* Liaise with other programme staff and consortium members for coordination and thematic capacity support needs .
* Be direct and first contact person of a specific set of Simavi partners.
3. Relationship management with local partner organisations, partner organisations within and outside alliance, consultants and other relevant contacts.
* Academic level with proven knowledge and experience in the field of CSO/NGO capacity strengthening.
* Knowledge, experience or strong affinity with a rights based approach to health and WASH.
* Experience working with and strengthening the capacity of local partner organisations and managing contacts with key-stakeholders.
* Experience with contract management and project administration and reporting.
* At least three years of relevant working experience preferably in Asia (Bangladesh experience would be of added value).
* Experience with and/or knowledge of gender and/or inclusion would be of added value.
* Good organisational skills.
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written) English.
* Team player, but also able to work independently.
* Dutch citizen or in possession of legal entitlement to live and work in the Netherlands is a requirement.
What do we offer?
Simavi offers an interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and international working environment, with substantial personal freedom. A contract for 12 months for 36 hours per week with possible extension. A gross monthly salary between €2,755 and €3,880 on a fulltime basis of 36 hours.
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
In case you recognise yourself in this profile we are looking forward to receive your application at the latest on July 8th 2018 by uploading your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) via this application link: http://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/105216
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Sara Ahrari (Senior Programme Officer) via firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit our website: www.simavi.nl (Dutch) or www.simavi.org (English).
Procedure The first round of interviews will take place on Wednesday July 11th between 11.30 AM and 4.00 PM (because we have a tight schedule, candidates will receive an invitation by phone on July 10th, at the end of the day).
The second round of interviews will take place on Monday July 16th between 2.00 PM and 4.00 PM.
|Job Category||Programme Officer|