The sex work team at Aidsfonds has a long history of implementing projects, both in the Netherlands as well as internationally. The team is specialized in supporting sex worker self-led organisations and service providers (law enforcement and health providers) to fulfil the rights and the HIV-aids and STI control of sex workers. As a result we have a successful track record in international work with and for sex workers. Currently we implement four main international global programmes; Bridging the Gaps (focussing on human rights and access to health for sex workers), PITCH ‘Partnership to Inspire, Transform and Connect the HIV response’ (focussing on lobby and advocacy for sex workers’ rights), Hands Off! (focussing on reducing violence against sex workers in the Southern African region) and Turning the Tide (focussing on online intervention programs)
For the HandsOff! programme we are looking for an enthusiastic new colleague that will support the team with the implementation, coordination and administration of the Hands Off! Programme, under the super vision of two senior staff.
Program officer Sex Work programme ‘HandsOff!’
(32 hours per week for 6-8 months)
Tasks & responsibilities
- Monitor progress of programme implementation and in this review and approve partner organisations work plans and budgets and programme administration approval
- Coach and support partner organisations in the implementation of their work plans. And ensure quality reporting by partner organisations
- Providing administrative support (such as communications, travel and logistics) to HandsOff! closing event and overall (administrative support) to the sex work team
- Provide support for the implementation of the overall HandsOff! programme, as needed. This may include assisting with the collection and publication of best practices, the evaluation of the programme and the reporting towards our funder
Your tasks and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change, in agreement with the Hands Off programme team. Your salary will be between € 2.594 and € 4.192 gross per month (36 hours).
Experience and competences
- A flexible and optimistic organisational talent, who is creative and results oriented
- Relevant MSc degree (social science, politics, or public health)
- Proven experience for at least two years in programme management. Experience in working with partners in the Southern Africa region would be considered a plus
- Affinity and/or relevant experience in rights based, HIV and SRHR related programming. Previous experience in working with sex worker-led or key population-led organisations is an asset
- Culturally sensitive team worker, that can facilitate collaboration amongst a variety of stakeholders. Experience in working with international partners is an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English, including written communication
Working at Aidsfonds – Soa Aids Nederland means working with other professionals to invest the best in yourself for a good goal. We are an organization with an open, welcoming and collaborative atmosphere. Aidsfonds – Soa Aids Nederland aims to a diverse workforce with a balanced representation of men and women, ages, sexual orientation and ethnic background. We particularly encourage applications from qualified candidates who are living with HIV and/or from key affected communities.
Please go to our website www.aidsfonds.nl and www.aidsfonds.org where you can find more information about our organization. You can also contact Sally Hendriks, head of the sex work programme (email@example.com) or Soraya Bouwmeester, programme officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to apply?
Please send a motivation letter and CV in English via the following link:
Please respond before Monday 3 September 2018. The interviews will be scheduled in week 36 or 37.
|Job Category||Programme Officer|