Robert Carr Fund for civil society networks
The Robert Carr Fund (Fund), launched in July 2012, is an innovative pooled funding mechanism designed to support global and regional civil society networks worldwide in their response to HIV and needs of marginalized groups. Men who have sex with men, people who use drugs, prisoners, sex workers and transgender people are disproportionately affected by HIV and experience systematic human rights violations due to discrimination, exclusion and criminalization. The Fund aims to strengthen HIV civil society to ensure access of marginalized groups to health, justice and funding.
The founding contributing donors to the Fund are the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD); the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The donors and civil society organizations designed the Fund in partnership, which is embodied in the Fund’s governance structures i.e. International Steering Committee (ISC) consisting of both representatives of civil society and donors and Program Advisory Panel (PAP), made up of experts from civil society. Aids Fonds is the Fund Management Agent and the host of the Fund’s Secretariat.
Program Assistant (36 hours weekly)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a dynamic team that is shaping the future of the Robert Carr Fund in new and brave directions.
Tasks and responsibilities
* Provide administrative, communications, travel and logistics support to ensure smooth operations of the Fund Secretariat’s team (e.g. appointment scheduling, business trip arrangements, notes taking, documents filing and printing of hand-out materials, correspondence etc.)
* Provide organizational support for the Fund’s events e,g, ISC meetings, grantee workshops etc.
* Support the Fund Director in communication with the ISC (e.g. dissemination of materials, preparing meeting notes etc.)
* Provide support in organizing international webinars and teleconferences
* Maintain and service the Fund’s filing and grants management systems and databases
* Maintain and service the listserv of grantees and distribution of information via the listserv
* Coordinate efforts in keeping the Fund’s website up-to-date and help manage the website content;
* Format and lay out MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint files;
* Process consultant contracts, team members’ financial reports etc.
* Coordinate communications with the Fund’s consultants and out-sourced service providers.
Your salary is to be within the range of € 2.393 and € 3.249 gross per month commensurate with your experience and qualifications. You will be offered a fixed term contract for the first year. Depending on your performance during this first year your contract may be extended.
Qualifications and experience
* At least 2 years of practical experience with provision of administrative, communications, travel and logistics support
* Excellent communications skills in English, including written communication
* Ability to think critically and summarize key information to prepare meeting/teleconference notes
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* Excellent proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and data base management
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and adjust to dynamic environment
* Skills in website content management, social media and on-line surveying tools
* Ability to work autonomously and as an integral part of a team
* Problem-solving skills, enthusiasm and positive attitude, autonomy
* Willing and ability to occasionally organize teleconferences and events outside of office hours
* French language skills would be considered a plus (but not a requirement)
The Fund and Aids Fonds aim to a diverse workforce with a balanced representation of men and women, ages, sexual orientation and ethnic background. We particularly encourage applications from qualified candidates who are living with HIV and/or from key affected communities.
You can find more information about the Robert Carr Fund on our website www.robertcarrfund.org
If you have clarifying questions with regards to the vacancy, please contact Sergey Votyagov, Fund Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would you like to apply, please use the link below:
Please send your cover letter and CV in English to Sergey Votyagov, via the website: http://soa-aids-nederland.onlinevacatures.nl/nl/Vacancy/Postulate/104011
Application deadline is close of business on Monday, July 2, 2018, CET
|Job Category||Programme Assistant|