Amref Flying Doctors is the lead organisation of the Health Systems Advocacy (HSA) Partnership. A five-year programme for achieving SRHR through strengthening health systems. The programme is in partnership with, and financed by, the Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Member organisations of the HSA Partnership are: Amref Flying Doctors, African Centre for Global Health and Social Transformation (ACHEST), Health Action International (HAI) and Wemos. The programme started in 2016 and focuses on two of six health system building block to: 1) increase the availability and accessibility of skilled health workers and 2) increase the availability and affordability of essential SRH commodities. These objectives will be achieved through direct evidence-based advocacy and capacity building of CSO partners in advocacy in Africa. The HSA partnership is active in Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia and also operates on international level.
To coordinate the PME activities of this partnership Amref Flying Doctors is now recruiting for an: Experienced and enthusiastic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Officer (0,8 FTE/4 days per week)
What will the PME Officer do?
- Prepares, in consultation with the PME working group, planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and procedures;
- coordinates the PME working group;
- works closely with the HSA coordinator and supports the annual reflection and planning process;
- publicizes annual plan and annual reflection (8 pager) in IATI;
- coordinates outcome measurement and reporting process and publicize updates in IATI;
- facilitates end-term evaluation;
- aligns outcome reporting;
- develops and proposes procedures and protocols for baseline, planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- analyzes data and shares quarterly update with the partnership’s Program Group for discussion;
- develops initiatives and ideas for learning within the partnership.
What are our PME Officer’s qualifications and experiences?
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- at least 3 years relevant working experience in a similar position;
- a sound knowledge of PME processes;
- experience with the international development sector and Public Health in Africa;
- preferable experience with advocacy PME;
- knowledge and experience with Theory of Change;
- excellent command of written and spoken English, fluent in Dutch.
What are our PME Officer’s competencies?
- Result driven;
- strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- cooperation skills;
- intercultural sensitivity;
- willingness to occasionally travel to Africa.
What do we offer?
- A challenging position in a dynamic and international environment at our Leiden office;
- a team of enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to make the HSA programme a success;
- a position where we welcome creativity and new ideas that support learning and accountability processes;
- a contract with Amref Flying Doctors until June 2021 with a competitive benefits package (salary depending on qualifications and experience).
For further information about this position, please contact Veerle Ver Loren van Themaat (email@example.com) or Maarten Kuijpers (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your application (CV and motivation in a Word or PDF file) before 9 March 2018 to email@example.com.