Amref Flying Doctors is the lead organisation of the Health Systems Advocacy (HSA) Partnership . A five – year programme for achieving SRHR through strengthening health systems . The programm e is in partnership with, and financed by , the Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Member organisations of the HSA Partnership are : Amref Flying Doctors , African Centre for Global Health and Social Transformation (ACHEST), Health Action International (HAI) and Wemos. The program me started in 2016 and focuses on two of six health system building block to: 1) increase the availability and accessibility of skilled health workers and 2) increase the availability and affordability of essential SRH commodities. These objectives will be achieved through direct evidence – based advocacy and capacity building of CSO partners in advocacy in Africa.
For the coordination of this partnership Amref Flying Doctors is now recruiting for an : Experienced and enthusiastic Partnership Coordinator (0,8 FTE/4 days per week).
What will the Partnership Coordinator do?
- provide functional leadership to the HSA Partnership Desk and manage the partnership coordination budget;
- coordinate the PME, finance and communications team;
- responsible for planning, implementing and reporting obligations to the Ministry;operate as a secretary to the Management Group; prepare meetings and information for decision – making, inform about the progress of the HSA programme in terms of outputs and impact;
- provide guidance to the Programme Gro up, which has a central function in the steering and implementation of the HSA programme;
- facilitate activities and processes (decided by MG or PG) to improve the quality of the HSA programme;
- foster good relationships between the HSA partners , and with geographical context leads;
- represent the HSA Partnership, or make sure appropriate HSA representation is made in external meetings and maintain/expand a relevant network for the HSA programme;
- coordinates annual reflection and planning processes;
- facilitate the partnership learning and identify publication opportunities.
What are our Partnership Coordinator’s qualifications and experiences ?
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (for example: Public health);
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in complex international environments, preferably with field experience in Africa;
- The experience and ability to oversee a complex, wide – ranged, multi – leveled and multi – partner programme;
- Experience with PME processes;
- Ability to translate PME information and data into program me results and steer where results are not being achieved;
- A sound knowledge of advocacy, Health System Strengthening (HSS) and/or Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights ( SRHR );
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and fluent in Dutch.
What are our Partnership Coordinator ’s competencies ?
- strong diplomacy , tact and interpersonal skills;
- organisational and intercultural sensitivity ;
- result driven ;
- ability to establish (good) relationships between people;
- strong planning and programming skills.
What do we offer?
- a challenging position in a dynamic and international environment at our Leiden office;
- a contract with Amref Flying Doctors until June 2021 with a competitive benefits package (salary depending on qualifications and experience).
For further information about this position, please contact Veerle Ver L oren van Themaat (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mirre van Veen (mirre.vanveen@HSAPartnership.org).
Please send your application (CV and motivation in a Word or PDF file) before 30 November 2017 to email@example.com