AFEW International is the international office of a network of civil society organisations that is dedicated to improving the health of key populations. With a focus on Eastern Europe and Central Asia, AFEW strives to promote health and increase access to prevention, treatment and care for public health concerns such as HIV, TB, viral hepatitis, and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
AFEW seeks for an Office Manager for 24 hours as of 15 January 2018.
For further information please contact email@example.com or call to +31 (0) 20 638 1718
Starting date: 15 January 2018
Send your letter of Motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 December 2017.
For more information about AFEW please visit our web site: www.afew.org
Detailed JOB DESCRIPTION
Place within the Organisation: Reports to the Executive Director
Job Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Overall Job Objective:
To provide full secretarial/administrative assistance and office management support to the team (6 people) of AFEW located in Amsterdam.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Related to General Assistance to the Team and Management Team:
- To brief the management team on matters requiring executive attention.
- To do research and basic data collection related to project activities (catchment populations, etc.)
To act as a focal point for fundraising events
- To fulfil various administrative tasks related to grant applications, donor reports and contracts.
- To provide support in coordinating daily administration: travels arrangements, financial documents, in- and out- mails, others
- To manage Executive Director’s filing system, calendar and correspondence.
- To coordinate and minute meetings of the staff team, senior management meeting and other meetings or conference calls if so required.
- To manage and maintain the contacts database.
- To provide English translations of Dutch correspondence and written documents as required.
- To assist in any other delegated responsibilities as assigned
- Gather the quarterly update to the Board from MT and RDs, compile them into one document.
Related to Board Support
- To maintain up-to-date contact information of board members
- To plan and coordinate board meeting logistics
- To prepare supporting materials for board meetings, including keeping meeting minutes
- To serve as board liaison when required
Related to Daily Office Management:
- Manage the maintenance of office equipment, including purchasing for the office.
- To serve as a liaison with ICT specialist regarding ICT administration in the office.
- Send regular mail and mail via express service.
Related to Legal services:
- Track the validity of legal documents for AFEW’s representative offices;
- Coordinate the process of registration of new AFEW entities;
- Cooperate with partner organisation and law representatives to provide advice to decision making Management Team,
Related to Communications tasks:
- To provide assistance to the communication officer with the developing of fun and light internal messaging and actions
- 1 December AFEW birthday
- Seasonal Greetings
- Congratulations on staff birthdays
- Maintenance of AFEW PR materials at AFEW International: photographs, interviews, stories, video, etc.
- Senior management staff within AFEW Network
- AFEW Board members
- National and International strategic alliance partners
- National governmental and non-governmental counterparts, donor’s dignitaries, corporate leaders, consultants, vendors, etc.
- National and international network of HIV/AIDS related experts
- National and international media representatives
- Insurance companies
- Mass media companies
- Travel agencies
- Vendors/service providers
- Other local businesses relevant to the position
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years administrative assistance experience
- Higher vocational education (HBO)
- Proven ability to organise / manage records
- Fluency in written and spoken (Dutch and) English; Russian will be an asset.
- Strong computer skills with a focus on all Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Access is a plus)
Personal Skills / Additional Information:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills being able to work with a variety of clients, assertive
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise and multitask
- Effectiveness in overall decision making, initiative
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work outside office hours for occasional business travel
- Desire to continuously learn
|Job Category||Office Manager|