Cordaid and KIT (Royal Tropical Institute) are jointly working on the development of a fragility game to foster discussions and capacity on decision making in fragile settings.
A pilot version (in the context of health systems strengthening at decentralized level) has been developed and was considered useful for professionals and students working in the field of fragile settings. During the game players look at various scenarios on how to make choices in a fragile setting, which have particular consequences in terms of health outcomes, financial protection and budget impact. The game is played in groups using tablets and assigning different stakeholders roles, like district health officer, representative of community organizations, or donors.
After successfully testing the pilot version, a new game will be developed in the context of HIV/AIDS programming in DRC. We are looking for an intern that can support the development of the game.
Objectives of the internship:
- To conduct a short literature review on the evidence base to support the development of the game, namely
o HIV/AIDS and health systems situation in DRC
o Criteria for priority setting of interventions
o Concept of fragility that can be taken into account in the game
- To develop the materials and facilitation manual for the game
- To test the game among target audience
- To develop a promotion plan for the further use of the game among organizations and professionals working on HIV and/or in fragile settings
Method (to be further developed by intern):
You will work closely with experts working at Cordaid and KIT to develop the game. An team of experts will also be set up that can provide advice on the game. A literature review will be conducted using scientific literature and grey literature in the area of HIV programming and priority setting in the field of fragile settings. A concept of the game will be developed and the different scenarios will be worked out. The draft materials of the game will be tested among target audience and finalized accordingly. A guidance for facilitation of the game will be developed using an adult learning approach. The promotion plan will be developed together with business developers at KIT and Cordaid.
- Literature review supporting the evidence base of the game
- Draft and final materials for the game
- Facilitation manual to play the game
- Promotion plan for further use of the game
3 months full time
Start date: as soon as possible
- Student with educational background in global health
- Creative mind-set and interest in developing games
- Able to work independently and proactive attitude
Lisette van Klooster, health advisor Cordaid, The Hague Noor Tromp, health advisor KIT, Amsterdam
If you are interested to start this internship please send your CV and short motivation (max 300 words) to N.Tromp@kit.nl by the 15 June 2018
Find the pdf version of the vacancy here:Internship vacancy fragility game