Terms of Reference:
Place within the Organisation: Reports to the Executive Director
Job Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Overall Job Objective:
To support AFEW International and AFEW Network in securing and maintaining funding for specific projects as well as core funding.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned programme activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities.
- Seek out new sources of funding including private, corporate, foundation and institutional donors.
- Is end-responsible in the process of proposal writing and co-ordinate tasks and the communication with the proposal writing team, i.e. Directors and senior management of AFEW Network members
- Ensure that proposals meet specific donor standards.
- Contribute to overall policy development and long-term strategy according to the annual plan.
- Attend regional and international events and conferences in order to meet with potential donors and partner organisations – establish and maintain contacts.
- Executive Director
- Director of Programme Development
- Communication officer
- Directors of AFEW Network members
- Senior management staff of AFEW Network members
- Current and potential donors
Experience and Qualifications:
- University or higher vocational training;
- Advanced writing skills;
- Comprehensive understanding of the logical framework and theory of change approach to proposal writing;
- Affinity with working for a non-governmental organization;
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS, TB and viral hepatitis issues and affinity with the Eastern Europe and Central-Asia region;
- Fluent in English;
- To speak and understand Russian is an asset;
Personal Skills / Additional Information:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research, writing, editing and presentation skills
- Good organiser, planner and communicator
- Able to work independently
- Strong computer skills with a focus on all Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com before January 26th 2018.