CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE) is a professional youth-led organization that advocates for the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people globally. We firmly believe that young people should be able to make informed and personal decisions regarding their sexuality. Moreover, it is our core conviction that young people should participate meaningfully in decisions, policies and programs that affect their lives, in particular related to their sexuality.
CHOICE promotes and supports young people’s SRHR through our International Advocacy and Youth Leadership Programme. In our International Advocacy programme we influence policy and decision making at an international level, for example by lobbying at the United Nations in New York. CHOICE also develops programs to connect young people around the world so that they can enter into a dialogue about, among other things, human rights, sexual identity, health care and education. With our Youth Leadership Programme CHOICE promotes and actively supports capacity building of youth-led organizations in Africa and Asia on advocacy, SRHR, and organizational development.
As of Halfway October (depending on availability), CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality is looking for an:
Executive Director (36 hours per week)
As Executive Director you are responsible for the daily management of CHOICE, where you will work with 9 employees at the CHOICE office. You take care of both policy preparation and policy implementation, as well as representing the organization externally. You are the face of the CHOICE: you take responsibility on all fronts to optimize the day-to-day operations and are accountable to the Board.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and coaching the CHOICE team;
- Developing organisational policy and ensuring its successful implementation;
- Handling the budget and execution of the financial policy;
- Managing and monitoring results concerning the Youth Leadership Program and the International Advocacy Program;
- Representing CHOICE within the alliances and networks, and at external national and international events, meetings, seminars, etc.;
- Managing grant applications and CHOICE’s organisational strategy (g.: Designing, implementing and evaluation CHOICE’s multiannual strategy);
- Collaborating with the Board of CHOICE to upkeep the strategic vision of CHOICE.
Experience and knowledge:
- University thinking and working level;
- You have proven and demonstrable experience working with personnel management, budgets, fundraising and large a volunteer base. You know how to keep people motivated and direct people;
- You possess strong networking skills and have the skills to keep a constant eye out for external opportunities for expansion of the organisation;
- As a person you work well under pressure and can divert stress within a team;
- You have an affinity with SRHR and/or human rights, and you see young people/volunteers as equal partners;
- You have experience with working with (young) people from diverse backgrounds.
- A leader;
- Comfortable in unexpected situations;
- Adept at keeping a helicopter overview;
- A coaching manager;
- A go-getter;
- A strategist;
- Prepared to work outside of regular times;
- Prepared to travel abroad for work;
- A networker.
- You demonstrable affinity with Human Resources and leadership;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You have excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Please not that CHOICE cannot contribute to costs of relocation. Additionally, you must be able to legally work in the Netherlands; we cannot support applicants who require a work permit.
We especially encourage candidates with 2 to 4 years of work experience to apply.
A one-year contract with a monthly salary between € 2863 and € 3135 gross on the basis of a 36-hour working week, depending on the relevant (professional) work experience and a travel allowance based on train transport (2nd class).
CHOICE additionally offers a challenging work environment based in the centre of Amsterdam and the opportunity to gain international work experience. Additionally, we offer you the chance to be at the head of an ambitious and successful organization and to work together in a strong and close team, and possibilities and budget for personal growth.
Please send a written application in English with a maximum of 1 A4 with CV and contact details of 2 references can be sent before 15 September by email to email@example.com. The first interviews will take place during the week of 24 September (week 39), after which a second round will follow in the week of 1 October (week 40). Travel costs incurred will not be reimbursed.
For more information, visit the website www.choiceforyouth.org or contact Mayankaby email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the CHOICE office at 020-7370179.
|Job Category||Executive Director/Global Coordinator, Youth & Sexuality Education Specialist|