The current team consists of a full-time coordinator and four part-time staff. The Campaign has grown
considerably over the past three years, both in terms of the membership, the activities and responsibilities
that we have taken on, and the workload involved. The current director wishes to step back from a
directorial role, but will remain responsible for knowledge creation and dissemination. We are advertising
for a new director to manage and build on the achievements of the Campaign to date with the current
Roles and responsibilities
Strategic planning and direction of all Campaign activities
– Promoting the Campaign’s aims and objectives, building on the current theory of change, which is due for
renewal and updating in September 2018
– Developing strategic plans for the coming three years
– Coalition building at international, regional and national level
– Building closer working relationships with Campaign members
– Representing the Campaign
– Manage, coordinate and motivate staff members to do a great job!
– Monitoring the impact of Campaign activities with staff
– Developing work plans for and with the staff
– Overseeing the application to become a charity
– Reporting to the current Chairing Committee, who are acting in a trustee role
Fundraising and Finance
– Developing a fundraising strategy and ensuring the Campaign is fully funded
– Responsibility for the Campaign budget
International travel periodically
– 100% commitment to abortion rights
– Track record of building and sustaining relationships with donors, board and staff
– At least ten years experience in a similar job role
– Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
– Experience of networking and campaigning in support of feminist goals
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Financial management experience
– Ability to work remotely
– Languages other than English
– Ability to participate in the Campaign Forum in Lisbon 4-8 September 2018
Last but not least
We actively welcome applications from those with a background in and knowledge of global south issues
related to abortion.
How to apply
Please send your CV, three references and a cover letter (1-2 pages) explaining why you are interested in
the job and how you think the Campaign ought to develop over the next three years.
The Campaign is currently based with the organisation Promsex in Peru, who will continue to act as the
fiscal agent until such time as we become a charity. Employment to date has been on a self-employed basis
and all staff must have the right to work in the UK.
The application deadline is Friday the 13th of July.
Interviews will be held on 23rd of July.
Please send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Director
All applications will receive a response.