- A person who thinks all young people have the right make choices about their sexual and reproductive lives?
- A person who thinks young people should meaningfully participate in decision making that affects their lives and the lives of their peers?
- A person who is looking for a new challenge in the international development sector?
- A go-getter who is proactive and who can work independently and in teams?
- Between 16 and 27 years old?
Then CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality is looking for you! We are recruiting young talented people (16-27) to strengthen our team.
As a Youth Advocate you function as both trainers and advocates in the programs and projects of the organization.
On a day-to-day basis, you work in short-term and/or long-term groups to move the organization forward. This could be done by working on external communication, (inter)national advocacy projects or strengthening the capacity of your fellow advocates.
- Lots of opportunities to learn and exchange knowledge and expertise with other young advocates. CHOICE promotes the ‘learning by doing’ principle.
- Experiences! Be part of a professional non-governmental organization. Train or be trained, and improve your leadership skills. Advocate abroad for young people’s SRHR. Network with other young advocates from all over the world.
- Travel costs for all CHOICE activities (including meetings) are reimbursed and we offer professional supervision in the preparation of all (international) activities.
It is important that you are interested in the topic of SRHR. And aside from enthusiasm, we want you to bring:
- Time & Flexibility! We ask you to spend a minimum of 4 hours per week on CHOICE. Advocates meet with their project groups and attend general meetings. The latter are organized once every six weeks, on a Thursday evening.
- Input! Even if you are new to the organization, we value your opinion and ideas. Therefore, we appreciate your input on the way the organization works. With diverse backgrounds, every CHOICEr put their own expertise on the table.
- As an active CHOICEr, it is important that you fully support our charter which underlines progressive issues such as free choices with regard to sexuality, LGBTI rights and safe and legal abortion.
- Long-term commitment! The knowledge and skills you obtain at CHOICE are important to CHOICE and its members. Therefore, we expect you to stay a member for at least one year.
Applicants should be between 16 and 27, Dutch nationality and knowledge of the Dutch language are not required. We specifically encourage people of colour, people living with HIV and gender diverse/trans people to apply. If you have any questions or would like to get more information, you can use the email address listed below.
Enthusiastic? Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter, in English, before the 25th of November 23.59h to ADVOCATES@CHOICEFORYOUTH.ORG.